We’re looking for the best
St. Francis Senior Ministries selects employees who have the desire to carry out our mission, vision and values. We provide competitive wages and offer an excellent benefits package for full-time and part-time employees.
Resumes and applications are always welcome. Applications are available at the receptionist’s desk in the lobby at St. Francis Home. Receptionist’s hours are 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Director of Pastoral Care: The Director of Pastoral Care provides spiritual leadership to residents, families and associates in the community. This person will serve as the spiritual leader in each community and represent the community as the pastoral presence in the community.
- Arranges anointing of the sick on a regular basis or as needed. Networks with local clergy for the provision of the Sacraments and the celebration of the Eucharist as well as worship services for residents of other faith denominations.
- Is respectful of the religious needs of all residents and provides for religious celebrations for residents of all denominations
- Provides opportunities for corporate worship for residents, their families and staff, and individual worship such as readings of scripture, prayers, reflections and spiritual reading.
- Prepares Memorial Services for residents and staff quarterly or as requested. Prepares for a ritual that notes each person’s passing and allows residents and staff to grieve.
- Completes a spiritual assessment with outcomes and resident or family participation within 7 days of admission to long-term care.
- Dialogues with residents and their families on issues of end of life, the withdrawal/termination of life support, comfort measures, informed consent and refusal of treatment.
- Knowledgeable of the current Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare services
- Bachelors Degree, satisfactory completion of at least 3 units of clinical pastoral education at ACPE or USCB approved centers or at least 5 years experience in acute, sub-acute, long-term or hospice settings.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration; excellent communication skills; strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
St. Francis Home is currently looking for STNAs, RNs and LPNs.
St. Francis Senior Ministries skilled nursing & residential care facility is seeking qualified applicants for STNA positions for full & part time. This would be an exciting opportunity for individuals who would like to join a top notch facility that is team oriented and offers a Holistic environment. Benefit package includes paid holidays, medical benefits after 30 days, 401k and new competitive wages. PTO accrual begins the date of hire. Sign on bonus offered for full & part time. Applicants may inquire at St. Francis Home at 182 St. Francis Avenue or call 419-447-2723 or fax resume to 419-448-1337.
The St. Francis Community is seeking a qualified individual to join our Mission Advancement Office part time. Experience in the field of communications/public relations required. Submit a cover letter and resume to Jeanine Alvarado, Director of Human Resources, 200 Saint Francis Avenue, Tiffin, OH 44883 or email to email@example.com by March 27, 2017. Click here for job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply in person, fax or mail a resume to:|
|Human Resources Department
St. Francis Home
182 St. Francis Ave.
Tiffin, OH 44883 Telephone: 419.447.2723 Fax: 419.448.1337 E-mail: Donna.Pryor@stfrancishome.org
Please feel free to fill out our Employment Application. Please note that to submit the application from the form, you will have to use the Internet Explorer browser. Alternatively, you can right click on the link, and then click “Save link as” to download the file and open it with Adobe PDF viewer which will also allow you to submit from the form.
Superman’s Foundation Partners with St. Francis Home
The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, a national non-profit dedicated to improving quality of life for individuals with paralysis, awarded St. Francis Senior Ministries – St. Francis Home, Inc. with a grant to purchase five electric beds. These beds will be utilized for people with paralysis or partial paralysis.
The Reeve Foundation is dedicated to curing spinal cord injury by funding innovative research, and improving the quality of life for people living with paralysis through grants, information, and advocacy. This mission matches the mission of St. Francis Home, Inc. established in 1869, which exists to create a community where each individual can live life fully. The Home is a 501(c)3 charity that assists patients regardless of their ability to pay. In an average year, 54%-70% of the patient population is unable to cover their full medical care costs due to being on low income Medicaid or Hospice programs which only cover a portion of the actual expenses. The Home depends on grants and donations for facility improvements and equipment upgrades.
The Quality of Life grants support fellow nonprofits that mirror the Reeve Foundation’s mission and commitment to foster community engagement, enhance independence and promote self-determination. The program has awarded over 2,700 grants and has distributed over $20 million in grants since 1999 (www.ChristopherReeve.org).
Actor, director, and activist are some of the words used to describe Christopher Reeve. From his first acting experience at age 15, Christopher established a reputation as one of the country’s leading actors. He went on to make many films, including Superman. Per the Foundation website ever since he was paralyzed in a 1995 equestrian competition, “…Christopher not only put a human face on spinal cord injury, but he motivated neuroscientists around the world to conquer the most complex diseases of the brain and central nervous system”. His wife, Dana, served as a model caregiver and eventually developed numerous resources for families to access. Christopher, and Dana, have both passed, however their good work for persons living with disabilities is ever ongoing through this Foundation and its partners.
In the last few years, St. Francis Home has worked to try to replace all manual hand crank beds in the 132 room facility with new electric beds with remotes that allow patients self independence, confidence, and improved quality of life. “We are so appreciative to the national Reeve Foundation and many local funds including the Meshech Frost Fund, National Machinery Foundation, Betty Jane Memorial Fund of the Tiffin Community Foundation, and many private donors, “states Ann Keefe, St. Francis Community Grant Writer, “It is really awesome to see so many working together to help meet the basic needs of local people”.
After these donations, there are now just 33 beds left to replace in 2017 (at nearly $2,000 per bed); if you are able to contribute, please contact the Mission Advancement Office at 419-447-0435 ext. 153. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by IRS law.
For more information on opportunities to partner with St. Francis Community, please visit the website at www.sfctiffin.org. For more information on the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, please visit www.ChristopherReeve.org .
Chiara Resident on YouTube singing in Italian!
Resident Satisfaction Scores
St. Francis Home, Inc. is an Ohio approved facility-based TCEP (training and competency program). Successful completion of the program and State of Ohio nurse aide testing will provide you the status of STNA (State Tested Nurse Aide).
Instructional classes, clinical training and Ohio state testing are all performed on-site at St. Francis Home, Inc.
For more information, please call Donna Pryor at (419) 447-2723.
St. Francis Senior Ministries hosts several educational seminars throughout the year. They are presented on various topics, by various presenters and held at different facilities throughout campus. Previous topics have included: Medicare, AARP, wellness, travel tips, diabetic education and financial planning.
If you have an idea for a topic or would be interested in presenting at one of our seminars, please contact Kellie Hartsel at 419.443.1540. Please watch this page for upcoming educational seminars.
Below is a recording from the 2016 Medicare Check-Up Program presented by OSHIIP.
Below is a recording from the 2016 Long Term Care Insurance Educational Seminar presented by OSHIIP.
Below is a recording of an informative program on “Senior Scams” Educational Seminar that was presented by a representative from the Ohio Attorney General’s Office on March 18, 2015.
Below is a video recording of our 2014 “Big & Loud” Educational Seminar. Big and Loud is a therapy program for those with Parkinson’s. There is a lot of good information on this video.